Thursday 29 March 2012

Memories

I've had a really busy few weeks being mum and making things to sell so I've not had much time to post any makes. I have also been working on a few projects that aren't quite finished yet, so I will be showing you those once they are complete.


Last week I started to clear out my mum's loft and came across lots of treasures from mine and my brothers childhood.
Whilst I was up there I found a box of badges that my brother had collected.
I thought it was a shame that they had been up there for 20+ years, unseen, so I got thinking about what I could do with them.
With my nephews birthday coming up I decided to create a canvas for him using the badges in his initial, J.


Here's the result....





Bean and I have been working on something special for the past 8 week, doing a little bit when ever we have a spare half an hour or so. 
I'm really hoping that we'll be able to complete it over the Easter holidays. Once we've finished it I'll post it on here, so until then.....


Happy Making xx

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I have a box of badges at my Mum's as I used to collect them as a kid. Might make something for Munchkin. Brilliant inspiration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R! A little tip for you... Pin the badges onto fabric and then stretch it over a plain canvas securing it with double sided tape at the back :0) let me know if you do make something x

      Delete